A Dedicated California Attorney Serving the Needs of the Immigrant Community
Navigating immigration law in Northern California
I established the San Rafael Law Office of Kip Evan Steinberg for the purpose of helping clients achieve the American
dream. I have exclusively practiced immigration law since 1980. Representing immigrants and their families comes naturally to me, as my grandparents were immigrants to this country. I am proud to honor the great tradition of immigrant involvement with the building of our nation by making sure their voices are heard and well-represented before the government.
An immigration specialist
I am certified as a specialist in immigration and nationality law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. My clients include U. S. citizens and immigrants petitioning family members, applicants for citizenship, political asylum, work visas, permanent residents, immigrants fighting deportation, and individuals, families and U.S. companies.
- I was Co-Counsel in the landmark Supreme Court decision Cardoza-Fonseca v. INS which established the legal standard of proof for refugees in the United States.
- I was selected as a “Northern California Super Lawyer”
- I earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by
Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry,
for my professionalism and ethics.
- I taught immigration law at Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco from 1987 to 1990.
- I served as a Commissioner on the California State Bar Immigration and Nationality Advisory Commission from 2010 to 2013.
- I have won numerous cases before the Immigration Service, Department of Labor, Department of State, Immigration Court and in the Federal Courts defending the rights of immigrants.
Areas of practice
I offer my clients the kind of personal attention that their cases deserve and dedicate myself to passionately representing their interests at all times. I am determined to find solutions for my clients in a wide variety of immigration issues. As a result of hard work and integrity, my reputation in the immigration law community is excellent. In my more than 30 years of practicing immigration law, I have worked on every area of immigration and represented clients in cases including:
Contact the Law Office of Kip Evan Steinberg for immigration representation.
You can rely on me to represent your interests with integrity in an effective and dedicated manner. I won’t rest until I’ve done everything possible to ensure the highest probability for success in your case. Call today or contact me online to make an appointment for a consultation in my easily accessible San Rafael, California office. We will go over the merits of your case and make a determination of how to proceed.